Removal and Decommissioning of Tanks
Removal is the process of taking out the tanks from a particular developmentsite without implicating the development’s activities. Decommissioning is the process in which all equipment in the storage and supply system is withdrawn due to the closure of activities.
AMBIENTO BRASIL has extensive know-how in the area of removal and decommissioning of both above-ground and underground tanks, and a multidisciplinary technical body that complies with the legislation, norms and procedures of the environmental agencies.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Norms and procedures:
- Conama 273 – Establishes guidelines for environmental licensing of gas stations and services, and provides for pollution prevention and control, (§ 2). In case of decommissioning, establishments are required to present a plan to cease activities, to be approved by the competent environmental agency;
- Normalized by ABNT NBR 14973: 2010 – Storage of flammable and combustible liquids – Deactivation, removal, disposal, preparation and adaptation of used underground tanks;
- CETESB – (Annex VI referred to in Article 1, item VI, of Board Decision No. 010/2006/6, approved in January 2006). – Procedure for the Removal of Tanks and Decommissioning of Fuel Storage and Supply System.
- Communication to the Environmental Agency
- Data Collection and Planning for the Execution of the Project
- Gas Measurement and Tank Degassing by Ventilation or Use and Water
- Excavation of Tank and Removal
- Pit Bottom Test for VOC Analysis
- Withdrawal of Pit Bottom Soil for Analysis of BTEX, PAH and TPH
- Withdrawal and Conditioning of Pit Bottom Soil
- Legalization of the Environmental Liability and Destination
- Issuance of ART(Technical Term of Responsibility), signed by the EngineerResponsible
- Conclusive Technical Report on Tank Removal or Decommissioning