Phase I Preliminary Evaluation
The initial stage of environmental liability assessment in both soil and groundwateraims to identify possible contamination in thesites, based on available information such as historical surveys, interviews, images and photos, and field inspections, with the purpose of substantiating the suspicion ofsitecontamination. This is according toNorm ABNT NBR 15515-1.
We follow the procedures adopted by CETESB (BOARD DECISION No. 038/2017/C, FEBRUARY 07, 2017), which refers to the approval of the “Procedure for the Protection of Soil and Groundwater Quality”, the revision of the “Procedure for the Management of Contaminated Sites” and establishes “Directives for Management of Contaminated Siteswithinthe scope of the Environmental License”, with respect to the publication of State Law 13,577/2009 and its Regulation, approved by Decree No. 59.263/2013, offeringfurther measures.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- PC – POTENTIALLY CONTAMINATED SITE (AP)
- US – SITE UNDER SUSPICION OF CONTAMINATION (AS)
- CS – CONTAMINATED SITE (AC)
In brief, the carrying out of this step allows:
- To raise information about each PC in order to subsidize the development of the steps that follow inCS management;
- To document the existence of evidence or facts that lead to the suspicion or confirmation of contamination in the sites under evaluation, enabling its classification as US, PC or exclusion from the register;
- To establish the initial conceptual model of each site under evaluation;
- To verify the need to adopt emergency measures at the sites.
- Collection of Existing Data
- Historical study
- Study about the physical environment
- Site recognition inspection
- Elaboration of the technical sheet
- Initial conceptual model – technical report